Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 11 Focus on being Content-

Click on the square picture below for today's Video on the story of the Golden King!


1 Tim 6:6-8 Godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.


Ecc 5:10 Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income.


Prov 30:8-9 Give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs! For if I grow rich, I may become content without God. And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name.


Matt 6:9-11 This is how you should pray: "'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread…”


Ph 4:11-13 I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, & I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just thought I would share a "generous life" story with you. Well, to begin with, yesterday I had $1.07 in the bank and about $3 in my purse. I had customer that came in and I tried to help him for about 20 minutes, but couldn't get his problem resolved. When he left, he gave me $5 as a tip for taking so much time with him, even though I told him it was unnecessary. Then a girl at work had borrowed a small amount of money from me that I forgot about and paid me back. It made me really think about how God provides for us. I didn't necessarily need that money, but it seems like when we least expect it, even small things like that can be blessings from God.