In the writing on day 3 there were several suggestions about how to give if you are a Christian.
Here is a summary of what the book suggests for PRACTICAL ADVICE ABOUT GIVING.
1. IF YOU ARE NOT a Christian: Don't worry about giving to God. Instead , realize and accept what God wants to give you- complete forgiveness.
2. FOR ALL CHRISTIANS.
Test the Lord for 90 days and start giving 10% to the Lord's work at the church that you attend and ministers to you. See mAlachi 3:10 in the old Testement of the Bible. Watch what God will do when you give and trust Him.
If you want to begin to actively give to God First : Here are 4 ideas to choose from:
1. Set aside 10% or more for the Lord's work when ever you get money.
2. When you made a despisit in your bank account write out the first check for the Lord's work for 10%
3. If you track your giving electronically set up a new categrory called church and set aside 10%
4. If you handle all your bills and banking online condiser giving to your church through http://www.networkforgood.org/ You can find that link on our page at http://myflock2.com/cgi-bin/give.pl?churchid=church137
IF YOU ARE MARRIED TO A CHRISTIAN AND THE TWO OF YOU DO NOT AGREE ON HOW TO GIVE consider listening to a few messages at http://www.maximumgenerosity.org/ and pray and seek God together.
IF YOU ARE MARRIED AND YOUR SPOUSE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN: Identify any money you have freedom to spend ( read Luke 8:3) amd set aside 10% or more of this money to give to the Lords work. And Pray and see How the Lord works with your spouse.
IF YOU ARE DECIDING TO GIVE OFF THE GROSS OR THE NET OF YOUR INCOME:
Pray and ask God wnat he wants you to do. If you start off with net giving and see the hand of God moving then progress to gross and see God continue to move. Always give God the glory when He does move to encourage other followers of the goodness of God in giving.
IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN AT HOME:
Help your children set aside a place to keep money and teach them these same principles of giving and watch what God does in their lives with their allowances and special income.
IF YOU HAVE FALLEN BEHIND IN YOUR GIVING TO GOD'S WORK:
Ask God to forgive you for not trusting him and then consider paying catch up. One dear sain once said, "I want to be prayed up, paid up and ready to go." God can forgive the sin and the debt and you can just move ahead. But ask God to give you faith and joy in all your giving.