Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 8 - You should not trust in your riches, but trust in God.

Day 8 - You should not trust in your riches, but trust in God.

Prov 11:28 Whoever trusts in his riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.

1 Tim 6:17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God.

John 14:1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God.

Job 31:24-28 (Job said) "If I have put my trust in gold or said to pure

gold, 'You are my security,' if I have rejoiced over my great wealth, the fortune my hands had gained…so that my heart was secretly enticed…then these also would be sins to be judged, for I would have been unfaithful to God on high.”

Ps 49:6-12 (Sinners) trust in their wealth and boast about how rich they are, yet not one of them, though rich as kings, can ransom his own brother from the penalty of sin! For God's forgiveness does not come that way…Rich man! Proud man! Wise man! You must die like all the rest! You have no greater lease on life than foolish, stupid men. You must leave your wealth to others. You name your estates after yourselves as though your lands could be forever yours and you could live on them eternally. But man with all his pomp must die like any animal.

Are you rich? Did you realize that if you make more than $1500 per year you are richer than 80% of the world’s 5 billion people!



No comments: