Thursday, July 2, 2015

Legalized Homosexuality is Good

           Now before you trash me as an evangelical gone off the deep end please let me explain. First of all I don't believe the practice of homosexuality is pleasing in God’s sight. As well, there is nothing good or redeeming that can be accomplished in the physical world by legalizing homosexuality. The legalization of a clearly defined sin of the bible is however not as bad as I first thought. I've been reading a ton of bloggers, commentators and ministry leaders who hold the same values I do. They feel the crushing blow on American history with this recent Scotus ruling as I do.

              The ruling was a rather telling and defining wakeup call on reality for our culture. For decades leaders, writers and futurist have been warning the church it needed to wake up as it was asleep in the light. In large measure the church in America has ignored the call to go into the world and make disciples of the Nations. There is no question in other nations where God's Word is not honored or recognized the church does tend to flourish much better then we want to admit. China is a great example of growth under suppression.
                    

What did this recent ruling say to me? It says several things. It says the past American Christian Nation is truly over. It's a unfortunate thing, but history is truly history and it is not still present with us. The ruling that was decided by 9 Judges with a 5 to 4 vote also reflects the present mindset of America. That mindset is 60% are biblically illiterate or liberal or both along with their truth is relative value system. Now we can clearly see that our moral value system as a nation has shifted in just under a decade exponentially. As a whole our nation or its elected and appointed leaders do not see the danger of sin when it is legalized. Are we the First Nation to do this? Certainly not and we will likely now influence many other nations who follow our lead down this dangerous slope of sin faster than ever before.
           

So why is legalizing marriage good you might ask? It's good because it aligns the law with the largest percentage of the population’s true values. It's good because it’s a kick in the pants to the church that has not once since Roe Verses wade. For a sleeping church that needed to wake up and get back to the true place of prayer and evangelism it is good. It's good because it will escalate sin and its damages on unbelievers quicker so that it hastens the need for truly good news to fill the void with meaningful hope in Jesus Christ the church has to offer. It's good because it could result in the church being persecuted to the point of spreading and growing as it historically has always done under cultural pressure. It's good because when people decide to become a Christian it won't just be a decision anymore but a conversion by the Holy Spirit to a lifestyle that will cost one something. It's good because it separate a religious church from the truly biblical church.
         

Am I glad homosexuality has been legalized? Absolutely not! Matter of fact it grieves me to think that I was one of those Christians and leaders of a time when I should have done more, prayed more and influenced the culture more. This bad decision I believe is being used of God to wake me and other settled believers up. This legalization of “homosexual marriage” is hoax from hell and has become a rebuke on me and is still teaching me how to live and walk better with the truth of the gospel. I know I can't condone it condemn it is to late, but I can preach a grace of truth toward those who need and desire deliverance from it along with other sins of destruction. When I see the broken lives fall into hopelessness I desire now more then ever to be there to love and help restore by grace a broken person to Jesus Christ. Legalized homosexual marriage is good news for the hope of the Gospel to redeem those struggling for a true solution of meaningful love.

No comments: